NOTICE OF CHANGE IN THE TARIFFS, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF POUDRE VALLEY RURAL ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION, INC.

The Board of Directors of Poudre Valley Rural Electric Association, Inc. (PVREA) has approved changes to the Association’s Tariffs, Rules and Regulations to become effective for electric billings rendered on or after January 1, 2013.

Following is an explanation and illustration of the changes to certain rate classes.  A copy of the complete changes to all rate classes is available for inspection at the PVREA headquarters office during normal business hours or by clicking here

Robert A. Lock
Secretary-Treasurer, Poudre Valley REA
7649 REA Parkway, Fort Collins, CO 80528

Explanation:
The change in rates is a result of a 4.9 percent wholesale power rate increase from PVREA’s power provider, Tri-State Generation and Transmission, Inc. (Tri-State). Tri-State has also restructured wholesale rates which results in a 1.2 percent increase to PVREA for a combined wholesale rate increase of 6.1 percent. This translates to increased costs of $4,200,000 to PVREA in 2013. Specific retail increases will depend on the rate classification and usage of each member. Effective January 1, 2013 the average residential member’s electric bill will increase by approximately 3.9 percent (or $4.37 per month). The average small commercial member’s electric bill will increase by approximately 4.0 percent (or $11.76 per month).

Other rates including residential time of use, commercial time of use, large commercial, irrigation, lighting and industrial rates, as well as other Tariffs, and Rules and Regulations have changes as well.

 

 

Poudre Valley REA • PO Box 272550, 7649 REA Parkway, Fort Collins, CO 80527-2550 - Map
Phone:800.432.1012 • FAX: 970.226.2123 • Email: pvrea@pvrea.com