In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and its contractors are working on the following projects:
- Contractors are currently sectionalizing in Ault, Fort Collins, Loveland, and Johnstown areas. Members may see bucket trucks and crews working on power lines in these areas.
- Power pole inspections are complete for 2018.
- Rebuilding lines in the Stove Prairie/Buckhorn Canyon area, which will last throughout 2018. This project is to upgrade the existing overhead with new poles and larger conductor.
- Pole replacements are taking place in the North and South Fort Collins areas.
- Rebuilding existing overhead lines on Hwy 34.
- A crew will be starting the final voltage conversion out of the Gunbarrel substation, which is near Ouray Dr, Prospect Rd, and 55th St. in the Longmont/Boulder area.
PVREA and our contractors, Foothills Tree Trimming and Asplundh Tree, are conducting tree trimming in the following areas:
- Longmont and Boulder areas.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
UAV Recon is conducting equipment inspections using a drone in the Poudre Canyon. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.