You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA's contractor, Foothills Energy, is working on the following projects:
- Rebuilding the overhead line along CR38E West of Taft Hill Rd. This project is to upgrade the existing overhead with new poles and larger conductor.
- Rebuilding lines in the Stove Prairie and Buckhorn Canyon areas. This project is to upgrade the existing overhead with new poles and larger conductor.
- Sectionalizing power lines in the Rist Canyon area.
- Pole replacements in Windsor, Johnstown, Berthoud, Longmont, Lyons and Loveland.
PVREA and our contractors, Foothills Tree Trimming and Arbor Masters, are conducting tree trimming in the following areas:
- Livermore area from the Cherokee Park Rd. to the state line along Hwy 287.
- Lower Poudre Canyon and Cedar Park areas.
- Berthoud and Longmont areas.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
UAV Recon recently completed conducting equipment Inspections using a drone in PVREA's service territory. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. To learn more about how your co-op uses drones, click here.