In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and its contractors are working on the following projects:
- Contractors are currently sectionalizing in the Carter Lake area, and will move to north of Timnath and the Nunn area next. Members may see bucket trucks and crews working on power lines in these areas.
- Power pole inspections are complete for 2018.
- Rebuilding lines in the lower Poudre Canyon area, which will last throughout 2018. This project is to upgrade the existing overhead with new poles and larger conductor.
- Pole replacements are taking place in north west Fort Collins area.
- Contractors are working on rebuilding lines in the Kersey area.
- Contractors are working on replacing underground conductor in the Country Side, Bonnell West, Trotwood, Hillsdale subdivisions.
PVREA and our contractors, Foothills Tree Trimming and Asplundh Tree, are conducting tree trimming in the following areas:
- Waverly substation, west of Wellington.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
UAV Recon has completed equipment inspections using a drone. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.