Ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) are electrically powered systems that harness geothermal energy by tapping the stored energy of the greatest solar collector in existence: the earth. These systems use the earth’s relatively constant temperature to provide heating, cooling, and hot water for homes and commercial buildings.
The Benefits of a Geothermal Energy Unit
- Can be a combination heating/cooling and hot water heating system
- Saves you money on energy and maintenance costs on a heating and cooling system for your home or business.
- The system is out of sight, and are either buried in the ground or located inside the home or business.
- About the same size as a traditional heating/cooling unit.
- Geothermal units keep the air warmer in the winter (90 -105 F) and at a more consistent temperature throughout the home, eliminating the hot and cold spots common with other systems.
- Very quiet, providing a pleasant environment inside & outside the home.
- No noisy fan units.
- No exposed equipment outdoors; children or pets cannot injure themselves or damage exterior units.
- No open flame, flammable fuel or potentially dangerous fuel storage tanks.
Poudre Valley REA offers members rebates on heating and cooling for units installed by a Select-HVAC contractor.
Click here for more information on Geothermal Energy Units or call the Member Relations Department at 1-800-432-1012.